NIST smart grid standards
From NB Referata Wiki
(Redirected from encryption, authentication, bonding and insurance)
- AMI-SEC System Security Requirements / Advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) and Smart Grid end-to-end security - to address NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection and other encryption, authentication, bonding and insurance provisions for third parties offering services to customers and reading/relying on their meter data stream.
- ANSI C12.19/MC1219 - revenue metering information model to address issues well documented in the Oracle AMI strategy position papers
- customer concerns
- Open Automated Demand Response (Open ADR) - price responsive and direct load control to move beyond time-of-use pricing and do demand side management to match supply in real time, see US National Broadband Plan also.
- OpenHAN - home area network device communication, measurement, and control
- BACnet ANSI ASHRAE 135-2008/ISO 16484-5 building automation for smart buildings and resilient community cooperation between many such smart buildings
- software standards for vendors of monitoring, management and other systems
- electric distribution company specific standards:
- DNP3 - electric power substation and feeder device automation
- IEC 60870-6 / TASE.2 Inter-control center communications
- IEC 61850 Substation automation and protection
- IEC 62351 Parts 1-8 Information security for power system control operations
- IEEE C37.118 Phasor measurement unit (PMU)communications
- IEEE 1547 Physical and electrical interconnections between utility and distributed generation (DG)
- US federal government concerns
NIST was negotiating the scope and management of these standards using its own wikis.